Frequently Asked Questions?

Most frequently asked questions

  • What do I do if my 16-17 Saver has been stolen?

    If your 16-17 Saver has been stolen and you have been given a crime reference number or documents by the police, then we will give you a free replacement.

    To replace a stolen 16-17 Saver you bought online, please login to your account and follow the replacement process, you will need to quote your crime reference number. If you bought your 16-17 Saver over the phone, please call us on 0345 301 1656 (7am to 10pm every day except Christmas Day).

  • What do I do if my 16-17 Saver is lost or damaged?

    If you bought your 16-17 Saver online, you will need to get a replacement online. You can only apply for a replacement 16-17 Saver seven or more days after the date of original purchase.

    You will have to pay a £10 administration fee if your 16-17 Saver was lost or damaged.

    To apply for a replacement 16-17 Saver, please login here and follow the instructions on screen.

    If you bought it over the phone, you will need to contact our customer support team on 0345 301 1656. You will have to pay a £10 administration fee.

    Until you have your replacement 16-17 Saver, we’re sorry but you will have to pay the full fare. The lost discount is not refundable.


  • Will a customer be able to get a refund if they turn 18 during the card's validity?

    As soon as a customer of the 16-17 Saver turns 18, their card will no longer be valid and no refund will be given.

  • What happens if I don't have my 16-17 Saver with me and I have to buy a new ticket or pay a Penalty Fare?

    If you are travelling by train on a ticket with 16-17 Saver discount, you must travel with your valid 16-17 Saver. If you forget your 16-17 Saver you will either be required to buy a new ticket or you may on certain services be liable for a Penalty Fare. However, a train company will normally allow you to claim back this extra expense on the first occasion in each year where this happens.

    Each train company will have their own process for doing this. You will need to provide proof of your 16-17 Saver and either the original and additional tickets that you have purchased, or if you have not yet paid, details of the notice to pay or notice of Penalty Fare. Where you have already paid for additional tickets you should contact the relevant train company’s customer services department; in the case of a notice to pay of notice of Penalty Fare, you should follow the instructions included on how to challenge or appeal the charge.

  • Can I claim a refund if I don't use my 16-17 Saver?

    No. Unfortunately once the 16-17 Saver has been issued it is non-refundable.